DIRECTV is currently seeking Satellite Installation Technicians to join our Glasgow – Miles city, MT team.
As a DIRECTV Satellite Technician, you will be responsible for providing our customers excellent service through installing, troubleshooting, and upgrading satellite TV systems.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 500 ranking, annual revenue or latest products and services. Those things matter, of course, and you can get the details at http://www.directv.com/. More important is what a career with DIRECTV can do for you. Here, product innovators, technology mavens, customer service champions, master technicians and business leaders of tomorrow find their home. We seek the brightest minds in an evolving workplace. The A-listers of our industry. The quarterbacks of the next generation. And those who get drafted to the team will walk a red carpet of rewards. After all, you’ll help us transform what TV means to the world. And in turn, we want you to imagine who you can become with the support of DIRECTV. Sure, we win awards, give back to our communities and delight our millions of customers worldwide. But right now, we’re asking you to join us. Grow your career. Grow your network. Grow with DIRECTV. And ENTERTAIN YOUR FUTURE®.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must meet DIRECTV state-specific minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
- Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SW iM, and Ka/Ku, as required
- Must be able to expect and embrace change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, ipads, etc., preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders up to 40feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment)of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 325 lbs.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made t o enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.