QA Software Engineer
DIRECTV is the world’s largest pay TV provider and the undisputed leader in sports programming. The Entertainment Data Services (EDS) group provides the critical metadata and services to power the award winning DIRECTV customer experience. EDS leverages both the flexibility of the Internet and the power of digital satellite broadcast to deliver services across a wide range of platforms – set top boxes, tablets, phones, and the DIRECTV website. Our vision is to make DIRECTV the best video experience anytime and anywhere for our customers in the United States and Latin America.
As a QA engineer you will play a crucial role at DIRECTV ensuring our code is thoroughly tested to live up to the highest standards. As a member of the QA team your role involves both execution of tests as well as the design and planning of more efficient and effective testing methodologies. If you have a passion for building robust scalable systems, love developing solutions with cutting edge technologies, thrive on working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your work impact our customers, then we want to talk to you.
· Design and execute complex testing strategies for enterprise applications in satellite broadcast and broadband data delivery domains
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to define and review functional and subsystem requirements for web services applications
· Automate test plans using external and internal tools for testing across multiple enterprise applications and various client platforms with coverage from mobile devices to set-top boxes
· Analyze current QA processes and procedures and take initiative to develop new ones as needed to meet department objectives
· Develop and support Agile testing methodologies aligned to commitments in each Sprint